Sunday, March 14, 2010

Just Dance...It's Gonna Be OK.

I talked for a long time about trusting God, about believing that everything that happens is exactly what's supposed to happen. The notion that the world was indeed perfectly synced to God's plan was comforting; mainly because everything was great. Fast forward to March 14, 2010, and for the first time, I'm buying it through trial.

I've never been in a group and not been the leader. Never been on a team and not been the captain. But now, I'm in the passenger seat of this Millennium Falcon called JMRB's life, and it's right. I have no idea what's going to become of my "career," my love life, or who I'll come home to in a year. But that's just the way it's supposed to be. The music's been cued up, and all I can do is dance to it.

I truly believe that God is Good. All the time. Not because He makes things easy, or because He gives James what he wants, but simply because He is who He says He is ($1 to Dr. Teddy Trost for teaching me the significance of "Ego Eimi"). I'm going to be just fine; the only thing I can do is to be an original, to make the creative best I can of my own life, and to let God shape that. Galatians 5 and 6 in The Message make me better; I thank Chrysalis for that tiny denim New Testament every time I think of it.

For the record, the blog title is simply a metaphor and an ode to Lady GaGa for making one of the catchiest records of all time. I do not dance literally; my soul is not expressed through rhythmic gyration. It's through bringing joy; joy that I know only because of the infinite Grace of Jesus Christ. So I'm gonna turn up this jam of existence and break it down. It's gonna be OK. And much more.

Love,
JMRB

No comments:

Post a Comment